Title: Aerospace Engineer
Technical Focus Area: Strategic Analysis
Missions/Projects: Science Strategic Analysis Team (SciSAT)
Study Topics/Expertise: System-of-Systems Modeling and Analysis
Katharine joined NASA in August, 2022 after completing her master’s degree in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. As a member of the Space Mission Analysis Branch, her work involves analyzing the current state of global contributions to earth observation missions within the context of understanding and maintaining continuity of measurements.
- 2021 – Purdue AAE Research Symposium 1st Place
- 2019 – USU Department of Engineering Undergraduate Researcher of the Year Award
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Emphasis, Utah State University, 2019.
- Ballistic Analyst, Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Promontory, Utah, 2019-2020.
- M.S. Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University, 2022.
Whitewater, skiing, backpacking, rock climbing