Title: Director, Systems Analysis and Concepts Directorate
Charles “Chuck” Leonard is the director of the Systems Analysis and Concepts Directorate (SACD) at NASA Langley Research Center. SACD helps plan and fulfill the agency’s aeronautics, science, and exploration missions.
Leonard previously led NASA’s Hypersonic Technology Project, where he executed hypersonics activities across NASA centers and in close collaboration with the Department of Defense and other government agencies.
He also served as Associate Director of SACD; Langley Senior Technologist for Systems Analysis and Concepts; assistant branch head and, later, branch head of the Vehicle Analysis Branch, where his civil service career as an engineer began with the record-breaking, scramjet-powered X-43.
- NASA’s Outstanding Leadership Medal
- ARMD Associate Administrator’s Strategic Partnership Award
- NASA Fellowship, Ross School of Business Executive Education, University of Michigan
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Old Dominion University
- B.S in Aerospace Engineering, University of Notre Dame