Title: Senior Aerospace Engineer
Research Interests: Dynamics of Multibody Mechanical Systems, Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics, and Orbital Mechanics
- Ph.D., 2007, Georgia Institute of Technology, Aerospace Engineering
- Degree of Engineer, 1986, Stanford University, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Master of Science, 1985, Stanford University, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering, 1983, Georgia Institute of Technology, Aerospace Engineering
- Senior Aerospace Engineer, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA, 1998—present
- Aerospace Engineer, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, 1986—1998
- Pei, J., and Roithmayr, C. M., “Linear Stability Boundary of a Spinning Spacecraft with a Ball-in-Tube Damper,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 58, No. 5, 2021, pp. 1271—1278.
- Roithmayr, C. M., “Contributions of Spherical Harmonics to Gravitational Moment,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 57, No. 10, 2019, pp. 4291—4299.
- Roithmayr, C. M., and Hodges, D. H., Dynamics: Theory and Application of Kane’s Method, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-107-00569-3).
- Roithmayr, C. M., Lukashin, C., Speth, P. W., Kopp, G., Thome, K. J., Wielicki, B. A., and Young, D. F., “CLARREO Approach for Reference Intercalibration of Reflected Solar Sensors: On-Orbit Data Matching and Sampling,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 52, No. 10, 2014, pp. 6762—6774.
- Roithmayr, C. M., Lukashin, C., Speth, P. W., Young, D. F., Wielicki, B. A., Thome, K. J., and Kopp, G., “Opportunities to Intercalibrate Radiometric Sensors from International Space Station,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol. 31, No. 4, 2014, pp. 890—902.
- Roithmayr, C. M., and Hodges, D. H., “Identifying Sets of Constraint Forces by Inspection,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 80, No. 2, 2013, article 021019.
- Roithmayr, C. M., and Hodges, D. H., “Forces Associated with Nonlinear Nonholonomic Constraint Equations,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 45, No. 4, 2010, pp. 357—369.
- Roithmayr, C. M., and Hodges, D. H., “An Argument Against Augmenting the Lagrangean for Nonholonomic Systems,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 76, No. 3, 2009, article 034501.
- Roithmayr, C. M., Bajodah, A. H., Hodges, D. H., and Chen, Y.-H., “Corrigendum: New Form of Kane’s Equations of Motion for Constrained Systems,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2007, pp. 286—288.
- Roithmayr, C. M., and Kay-Bunnell, L., “Keeping a Spacecraft on the Sun-Earth Line,” The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, Vol. 53, No. 2, 2005, pp. 131—146.